Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jeremiah 9:23-24
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

Hebrews 13:5-6
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

Ecclesiastes 5:10
He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity.

Proverbs 11:16
A gracious woman attains honor, And ruthless men attain riches.

Deuteronomy 31:6:
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you."

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

This last verse is perfect to end on. I'll never forget my dad teaching a Sunday School lesson to us and him talking about this passage. When he did the lesson he also challenged us to memorize this verse and practice it. My husband also loves this verse and asked me to make it in a frame to keep in his office.

Think of Excellence in God's terms and Paul's and certainly not in the World's.

No comments: