Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cry It Out Night 6

Update on crying it out :)

 I feel like such a mean mom saying update on crying it out, so maybe I should rename this method- because it isn't completely true.  Update on Oliver sleeping better :)

Tonight was night 6 on teaching him to sleep better and I am so proud of him and myself.  Tonight was the first night he fell asleep without me or Clay being in the room.  We let him cry, then comfort him without picking him up, then let him cry, then comfort, etc... and normally during a comfort time he falls asleep.  Tonight I let him cry longer in between comforting (10 minutes) and then tried to comfort him- but really didn't work too well because he was so tired- so I stood at the door and "shhhh, shhhh" and he watched me for awhile and calmed down.  Then I shut the door and he did it! Fell asleep on his own while I watched on the monitor!  Now I don't really care if he falls asleep if I am in the room or out- I just want him to learn to self-soothe and know he can fall asleep on his own.  

We ran errands today and I didn't get home in time for his nap and he never sleeps while we are out, so I have to go home to allow him to nap- not today!  Fell right to sleep in his carseat in the middle of Target.  Just gave him a blanket to hold on to.  He loves having blankets to get all snuggled up on.  Scares me letting him sleep with blankets but before I go to bed, I pull it back down away from his face. 

I don't know how much longer we will feel like we are really working on the night method- I imagine a month or so- but the difference it has made in naps alone, has been so worth it.  Also, it seems to help him better sleep through the night.  A lot better.  He still wakes up for a feeding- not always- but it's normally more predictable and fast.  Hope I didn't jinx myself.  I feel like I do that on my blog at times. Update: He slept a solid 12 hours last night for the first time and woke up only once to feed at 6:00 a.m. and went back to sleep till 9:45 a.m.  Also during nap today, when he tossed and turned and briefly woke up he was able to go back to sleep on his own.  Soooooo nice. 

Upload iPhone pics- so let me dump my favorites on here :)

Thrift store dress!


Working on pictures for Lola's room- trying to figure out what to do with the long matching ones.




Really proud of her booger but no where to put it.  Gross. 





Lola dressed up bubba... he wasn't too thrilled.






 







Lola saw Ginni nursing and decided her baby Sawyer was hungry too.  :)  LOL










Before the haircut! 












All of this was after applesauce: thinking he is allergic...




 (Tummy ones got worse- all in his diaper too)












Simple handmade cards-


Playing with Kebby's cat-




 It's impossible getting a cute picture of these two being still!




My brother's new sign of Common Desk!


Lola's workspace where she pretends to be at Common Desk!


 Me always in wavy hair now.... Quick and easy-


Lola at dance practice- (blue shirt and black and white pants)


Current project:


Sweet girls-






Laura's wedding shower coming up!


Sweet kids-


 

Next post has to be on all of Lola's funny comments lately!!  I seriously need to be documenting these!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love reading your posts, Natalie. And seeing your adorable pictures. Can't wait to meet your kids and have play dates. Moving to Texas some time soon-ish.