Monday, November 17, 2008

On a high...

Well for the past couple of weeks now I have been feeling butterfly feelings in my stomach, yet not the kind I got when I met Clay- actual flutters from our little one kicking, punching, or both! BUT TODAY- was a really neat day for me!!!! I felt the baby kick from the outside too! I set at my computer trying to work on a nursery look that would work for boy or girl and I noticed the baby was kicking away. After a few minutes I felt one that seemed pretty powerful for this 7 ounce little baby... so I decided to see if I could feel the kick if I put my hand on my stomach- I DID! LIKE FIVE TIMES! It was so precious! I can't wait to feel the movements more often! I yelled for Clay for a couple of minutes as I didn't know where he was in the house and I was too afraid to move so finally he yells back. He was sleeping. So I ran and crawled in bed so he could feel. But what do you know, baby's got jokes. No kicks, no nothing, nada. So sad. But now that I know it's possible I'll have to be on guard so Clay can feel the baby move! It really is mind-blowing... there is a baby, our baby, growing in my uterus! AGHHH!!!

I'll have to post tummy pictures soon because I am growing every day... a lot. I still haven't gained too much weight which I am excited about but I have a feeling once the holidays pass I will weigh quite a bit more. I think I am at 4-5 pounds heavier... which is a little less than a pound a month so far. I think that is good... if and when I occasionally get sick I tend to loose a couple of pounds immediately but it never fails to take a day or two to gain it back! It is nice to eat more often now and not feel like a total slob about it. The baby growing seems to burn a lot of calories in itself, but I hope to get a little more active now. The weather is cooling down and I love it! I tend to be on the hotter side. I was burning up the other night and no lie, it was 64 degrees in the house. Weird, I know.

Two weeks to the day and we see the doctor. We will get our sonogram pictures which I am so excited about and (if we choose) find out the sex of the baby. If we decide to find out, my mom and Clay's mom will join us, but if not I guess we will just make a date of it with us two. We are leaning on not finding out. I definitely don't want to know, but Clay kind of does. He sees the fun it waiting, but he is anxious to know. Two more weeks to decide. Debbie had a really cute idea she heard about- have the doctor right it on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope, never telling the couple what the sex was. Then the husband took the envelope to a bakery and had them make a cake with the INSIDE of the cake blue if it was a boy and pink if it was a girl. Then he picked the cake up, never peaking, and brought it home for the whole family to enjoy. They cut it all together so everyone found out and celebrated together. Isn't that super cute??? I liked this idea. I have heard about the envelope thing but not to that extent. Mainly so the couple can find out when and where they want. One couple lived by the beach and went on a romantic date there and opened their envelope. So cute. But nothing can beat the doctor holding the baby up saying "You got a girl" or "It's a boy!" I love it. So old fashioned and romantic.

I dream about it... it actually takes a little of the worries away from delivering the baby. :)

Some people don't like reading blogs (esp mine) because it's sometimes personal, well if you are one of those, you probably won't like this entry and a few others! But I do this so I can look back and family can enjoy what I am thinking... hopefully enjoy!

Love y'all-
Little momma

5 comments:

Carole said...

Nat

I love reading your blog....I love the wife and momma you already are. Those thoughts running around your head that you share I look forward to. Can't wait to see what you and Clay decide about finding out if it's a boy or girl...I am saying its a boy!! Love you... Carole

House for Sale said...

Yeah! I am ready to find out what this baby is!!! I am on clay's side on finding out...smile. It is fun both ways of course! I am ready to buy fun things!!!! Just think next Thanksgiving we will have a high chair at the table.....can't wait!!

Debbie said...

We think this is the exciting time just think how we'll be in April. It doesn't matter either way if we find out now or later. (especially since I already know it's a GIRL) hahah

jillian elizabeth said...

I'm with your mom on this one.....I can't wait to find out so I can go shopping and buy all sorts of cute things. I do however feel that I will be the one buying unpractical items, like a rhinestone pacifier (if it's a girl)! I can hardly wait!

Natalie said...

Hey Jill- the unpractical gifts are the most exciting to receive! :) I hope it is a girl now just so she can have a cute rhinestone pacifier! How adorable! I guess that's a little too gay for a boy- I wouldn't have to wonder where I went wrong... I would know... haha! We are still leaning not to find out and we have less than two weeks to decide now! Agghhhh!!! Hope you are doing well!!

Nat