Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let the cravings begin!!!



Okay, Okay- my body just refuses to like anything healthy. I thought being pregnant maybe I would finally start to like fruits and vegetables but nah. I like Slurpees from Seven Eleven and Tangy Taffy. Beware though, not laffy taffy... big difference! Trust me! So I love getting the two hand in hand! And when I am in a bummer mood I tend to pick up a couple of scratch offs too!

I did that the day Clay couldn't make it to the doctor appointment. I walked in the waiting room with a Slurpee, Tangy Taffy Bar, and Scratch Offs...

Hmmm... the other moms were probably talking about me. Oh well. It was delicious and made me one happy girl! Also the great thing about Slurpees is that you get to pick the color of straw you want which I always change it up. Yesterday I was a pink straw! The Dr. Visit required a blue straw! :) The nice thing is that I do crave meat more so I am getting some protein. Other than that it seems to be the same old, same old. I am finding my appetite to really start to increase. I don't typically eat more at a time, just a lot more frequent. I feel better about the weight gain as my stomach is taking on more of a shape and really firming up. I have felt the baby move a couple of times. It's quite amazing but I can't wait till others can feel as well. It's just enough movement that I know it's the baby but it's only for a second. By the time I realize I don't feel much more. It's very exciting to know you are carrying your child that you and your husband made. It makes me emotional and I am glad I am a woman so I can experience this. Kind of cheesy but it all seems so miraculous.

Hope everyone educated themselves on the candidates and have or will vote today. It's important everyone takes an active role in supporting our country and make an educated decision on who they would like to take the role as President. Clay and I voted together four years ago so it's fun to think back on something like that- we were just really good friends then and we were so in love but didn't peep a word of it. :) Well the cat is out of the bag now! hehe. I decided in the midst of this paragraph to pull out this special little binder I have with all of our e-mails in it from the beginning. I must have known he was the one because who in the hell saves every e-mail. If you got e-mails like I got you would have saved them too. They were always the highlight of my day. I found one that I remember being so funny and sweet that he wrote after we voted together. I thought I would share it with everyone because it's so genuine from his heart. I hope he doesn't mind, but it's so fun to read. Enjoy:

"Hey there silly moose,

Today was really cool, I loved it. I am sooooooo glad I voted, and even more glad it was with you. I have really enjoyed hanging out with you so much, and surprisingly it has gotten better and better. Normally the fun level goes down as people get to know each other, but as I have gotten to know you things have been cool as Popsicles.

This makes me wonder how long it will keep getting better and better, I hope a long time. I think for some reason it will. You make me laugh cause you are funny as geese flying crooked. I wonder how it is we have gotten so close and become such good friends, cause normally it isn't like this...right. At least for me I don't meet coolness like you ever. DO you think that it is cool too? You better.

So we need to do more on our to-do list. It is cool we have a to-do list.

Is it gay that I look forward to seeing you, cause I do, and you do not disappoint, I have sooo much fun with you, just as if I were floating in a big balloon with boxers on.

Earlier I had a bug on my head and I did a cartwheel to get it off.

Your favorite Clay,
Clay"

Well, that was us not peeping a word of our love for each other. He wrote that at 5:32 a.m. because later I found out he isn't a morning person as I thought when I saw this but a very, very late night owl. That was him writing right before he went to bed. Me being a morning person, he must have hated my 9 am calls as he must have pretended to be awake. Haha! What we do for love. A couple of days after this e-mail since obviously I didn't get the hint, he wrote another one but not so subtle to me.

I realized with the next e-mail he was in love. And I loved realizing it. The clip from the e-mail read:

"If your world is rainy I promise you I will be there to put sunshine it it.
If you need a shoulder to lean on, mine will be waiting comfy as a pillow.
If you need to laugh, I will write a joke.
If you need a million bucks, I will start saving.
If you need something from Japan, I will buy it from Wal-mart and pretend."

I think when I read the fourth line, I really realized. Then on the fifth and last line I got completely tickled. So Clay. And I loved it. The rest is history.

Now that I think about it I would love to put this in the nursery in a really cool way. My brain must start thinking away!

Hope everyone enjoyed hearing words from Clay!

Love y'all!
Natalie

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I did enjoy the insight into the old emails. You'll have to post one of yours to him too! Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love knowing Clay in this way!! What a wonderful husband and creative man you have!!