Friday, October 31, 2008

New Parents in Awe...



Can everyone believe this? This is the video of Baby Swartz' heartbeat! I recorded it today for one main reason... my sweet husband couldn't make it at the last minute. He was upset as well as myself, so I checked Kebby out of school early and she joined me. She loved going and recorded the heartbeat for me, so Clay could hear along with my family and friends. It was pretty exciting to have Kebby there, although I was so looking forward to Clay hearing the heartbeat. He loved seeing the video. I hope everyone else enjoys it as well. I have probably listened to it a hundred times... I had to do a lot of editing and cut the picture from the audio. It was fun to learn how to edit video but it took a lot of time. I spent a while just putting this clip together so I am proud.

As you hear from the tape the baby's heart beat is on the high side of normal which an old wives tale claims that means a girl, but I am still calling a boy!

Clay and I went on a date tonight. We were both tired but wanted to get some time with the two of us so we went to a good Italian restaurant then we were going to the movie but had too much time in between so we ended up changing our plans. We decided to adventure over to Babies R Us, which we really enjoyed. It surprised us both, but we were there for an hour just looking at everything down every aisle then picked out several clothes we liked if they baby were to be a boy or a girl. Then we came back home to watch a scary movie for Halloween... by the way... Happy Halloween! Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween.

BIG NEWS: December 1st we will find out the sex of our baby! We are both so excited! Well everyone is excited! Family has wondered about buying us baby stuff for Christmas and we kind of went back and forth but now getting further into the pregnancy we are excited to get baby items for Christmas if that is what loved ones want to do. It will save us money in the near future as well. I will just be counting down the days till December 1st. It will feel like Christmas day to me. This holiday season has a much different meaning and joy to me than any other. I already feel less guilty about curling up with my special hot chocolate with marshmallows and a little whipped cream. I weighed in today and I have gained 4 1/2 pounds in 15 weeks. I was a little bummed about that, but I better get use to it, ay? I know the worst is definitely yet to come. But hey- it's so exciting so I guess I don't care all that much, ESPECIALLY since I found some maternity jeans I really like. I thought that would never happen. These don't even have the big band around them... an actual button! :) YAY!

Well I gotta' go curl up with my husband!

Love Little Momma' Swartz

7 comments:

Debbie said...

We are both excited to hear the heartbeat of our grandchild. thanks for sharing it with us! We love you all 3

Anonymous said...

Upon hearing the heartbeat I may change my vote from boy to girl. But maybe it is a very energetic boy!!!
Natalie, thank you for going to so much trouble for us. We appreciate it so much, tears are running down my face. I love you honey!!!

House for Sale said...

How fun I have to say your heartbeat was really fast!!! Maybe this is Lola. Aunt Keb was so excited and so is Nonna! Thank you for recording the heartbeat for us! I love praying for this baby while God is carefully creating this bundle of joy for us!!!!

Anonymous said...

:]i'm so glad i got to come along to hear baby lola's(or cash's) heartbeat!

Natalie said...

Miss Anonymous is Kebby writing! Glad everyone loved hearing the heartbeat! Love y'all!

jillian elizabeth said...

AWWW how precious! I loved hearing the heartbeat, and I'm so glad you asked all those questions cause otherwise I would have been wondering what it is supposed to sound like. I LOVE IT! How exciting for you and Clay (and the rest of us)!

Debbie said...

I also meant to tell you GREAT JOB on editing the video. Did you use imovie?