Friday, October 3, 2008

Clay's Dog and Me


I do love Murphy- finally after four years his little cut-off tail and shedding self has rubbed off on me and he has become my little friend. Every time my mom comes over she notices his chew toys out, hair on the furniture, and the way he smells and when she starts to say something... I have to remind her I am now a dog owner and yes these things stink, they are the cons, no good, but I am a dog owner, so what are we gonna' do about it? Haha! I spend a lot of time with Murphy Mervin so I think we are closer than him and Clay, although when Clay got home last night, Murphy went bonkers and exploded with excitement. At that moment I kind of wished dogs could talk... I wonder what Murphy would have said.

"Oh, Clay. I missed you so much. When I went pee today I thought about how I watch you through the gate play basketball with Natalie and I wanted to cry. I wondered how much longer till you came home? Then when I slept for half the day I dreamed about you giving me treats behind Natalie's back and how sweet that is of you. Then when I realized I was starving I wished you were here because Natalie forgets to put food in my bowl until she gets home from babysitting. Oh Clay, but you are finally here and I will never leave your side. Will you sneak me on the furniture and cover me up so you can secretly still pet me? I love you Clay."

Hehe! Clay and I have a Murphy voice so when I wrote what Murphy would say I was using his made-up voice in my head!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Murphy's voice but I wish it was a little clearer in my head too! Yes, I envy you that! :) Thanks for sharing!!
Love you!!

Debbie said...

The little guy does grow on you. I was not a dog lover when he came to live with us for a while but you just can't help yourself. He becomes a family member.

Anonymous said...

Natalie, please check out my friend's blog. Her name is Linda Apple and I think you will enjoy reading her interesting stories.
http://www.lindacapple.blogspot.com/
I love you!