Monday, September 29, 2008

Homemade Cards-

Something I hadn't done in awhile was make a card for someone. About a year ago I decided to make cards instead of buying them. I figured I could make them for no more than they cost and with my all my scrapbooking stuff I needed to use more than I was. I scrapbooked our wedding and knew I wouldn't scrap much until it was baby time... which is now. So I used all my fun girly things to make cards! I wish I took pictures of all the cards I made because my favorites have been given out to friends and family. But I have a few pictures of manly cards I made for Clay.

This card was fun to make because I knew I wanted it to go with the theme of Clay's birthday last year. He wanted a record player so I wanted the card to have a record type theme. After looking all over I couldn't find a card so I decided to make it. I put a record player on it and made the inside go with the whole theme. Then on the back I stamped "Do what you love, Love what you do" which became my trademark, you could say. This got stamped on almost all my cards since. I then made an envelope to go with it (which I don't have pictured) that was an old Bob Dylan Record Cover. See what you think of the card:
s
And by the way- the whole record player was a hit and just since May he has collected over 200 really amazing records! And you better believe we are loaded with Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash!

The next card I just made for a family I have prayed a lot for. The Groh Family. Stacy, my good good friend, has been dating this sweet guy for a long time now and his dad was paralyzed from the neck/chest down from a tragic bicycle accident on a public trail. I wanted to send them a special note, although Clay and I have only had the pleasure of meeting Eric, I know there family has to be great. So I got busy making cards again, and forgot how fun it was! Check out their card... (I skipped the inside picture because it was mostly writing!):


Okay this card didn't turn out as cute as I wanted, but I was in a hurry, it was late, and I had already made the real thing... a cherry pie. I made Clay a homemade cherry pie since he is working so much and decided to make a card to match... it said "Cute as Pie" and the inside said "And Even Sweeter" with a special note.


The next card was just a card to Clay to say he is wonderful. I choose to use a bad word because I found it humorous and only intended for my husband to see it, but I like it- so I'll show it. Most of these you see aren't real girly because they were for Clay...I so wish you could see my other ones! Excuse the bad word:


And last (oh how I wish you could see others) is a boring one, but fit a guy well that just was saying Thank You to Clay for being so wonderful. It is definitely boyish:


I'll have to start making more and taking pictures of the ones I think are super cute! As soon as I get my office finished (it's so close) I'll take a couple of pictures!

I have been playing around with different looks for my blog- so sometimes it may look odd if it's under construction! Hehehe!

Love Nat

2 comments:

Ginni said...

Love the cards Natalie...very inspiring and always so cute!

jillian elizabeth said...

These are so cute Natalie! Nick told me you were making cards so I'm glad you posted pics. You should really start selling them to boutiques.....I would buy them :)