Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DORKY ME!


Well after the doctor appointment, the doctor sent me to a place that specializes in different support items, like back braces, support hose, etc. My scoliosis and pregnancy don't mix well and my back is getting worse. It isn't exactly curable but there are things to help such as a "corset." Don't picture a sexy, silky, light pink corset that pushes your breasts up to your chin and laces real pretty in the back... nope, not what I am wearing. I asked the doctor if they could make them a little more like that- he thinks I am crazy. So I got it and despite the ugliness it feels really good. It doesn't bother my stomach and the bulk of it is in the back. I have it under a dress right now and I don't think it is real noticeable. I have an important dinner tonight so if my family can tell I have it on then I'll ditch it. BUT I actually want to wear it because it feels really nice. I would have never found this place on my own so if anyone needs support hose or support for there back then the place is called Close to You. It's in Dallas and they are very kind. They also specialize in a lot of support for after surgeries from cosmetic surgeries to breast cancer.

My Dad has been with CFA for 20 years now and corporate is taking us all out to III Forks tonight to celebrate and honor him. It should be a real good time and I hate Clay is going to miss it and the good food! My baby loves steak! Now only if I could actually eat an entire steak. I guess I'll give it a try tonight since I am not picking up the tab! :) I seriously doubt it. Maybe Mom will split it with me!

Speaking of Mom we are going to go look at a new counter top tomorrow that is granite and recycled material combined. It's newer to the market and my mom's granite guys swears by it. I am pretty excited to see it. Also next week I think I am learning how to lay tile. My mom's tile man (she's a pimp) said he would teach us. He said if I got real good I could strap my baby on my back next year and work for him. My mom told him not to tempt either one of us. We have been dying to learn how to do this. We think it looks easy so I'll let you know. I can lay a hardwood floor though! My grandparents and dad can vouch for me on that.

Gun update. Rocky looked at the gun I like and agreed it would be a nice little gun for me. Although I found out some news. No shooting while pregnant. Some say yes, some say yes until the 20th week, and some say no. But I looked up the reasons why not to do it and they are pretty serious. The main reasons are shooting ranges have high levels of lead and the noise from all the shooting can affect your baby. Both can cause terrible outcomes even miscarriage. Also, women who are pregnant in law enforcement are not allowed to participate in shooting practice during pregnancy and if they are breast feeding. That's enough of a reason for me to say I can wait awhile to shoot the gun, although I think I still will get it. It will make me feel safe and in the case I needed it to save my life and my child's (sorry kid, you are attached to me) I would not hesitate.

Well I need to look at some hair cuts because I am changing mine up some on Friday, but don't worry family- no length shall be lost!

Love Y'all!
Little Momma'

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Just think AFTER the baby is born you can get one of those cute little pink silk corsets! Something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

It is good to know you have a corset?? to relieve your back pain.
Give our congratulations to your Dad!! We are proud of him. Wish we could have been there too.
You are smart to research guns and to know how it would effect your baby. A great Mom already!!!
I am excited you and your Mom are learning how to put in 'granite and recycled material' counter tops. I want you to teach Papa. Our kitchen counter is so small it would not take much!
Take care!! We love you!

House for Sale said...

Well I am going to get me a corset. You looked so thin at dinner. Your card you made dad was great and sweet as usual. Nick however seem to master the male card making with his stainless steel trim. You might want to consider a whole new line after seeing your brothers! LOL!!! Good times. I loved mine also!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat!!!! Sooooo good seeing you this week!! Love ya!!

Natalie said...

Oh thanks Cassi! I am really excited we got to meet up!! Great seeing you!

Love, Nat :)

House for Sale said...

Cassie we loved having lunch with you. We will give you better notice when we are at the lake house. We always love coming into Tyler. Good luck with your team!!!! Can't you wait to see Nat balloon??? LOL!
Vickie