Tuesday, October 7, 2008

No exciting news yet...

The doctors visit went just great although it wasn't the most pleasant visit. I had to get my blood work done and go through a million questions. And not mention I had a few questions of my own. My doctor and nurses are just great and they always put me at ease and make me laugh! He made sure he answered all my questions and didn't rush me. I appreciate that because I always like straight-forward but thorough answers.

My next appointment is Halloween and Clay and I will be able to hear the heartbeat. I will be starting my fifth month that day! Sounds crazy! Then right around Thanksgiving we will find out if this baby is a boy or girl! We both like the idea of surprising ourselves but everyone is so excited and I know both grandparents are dying to shop so we are going to find out. In about one more month I will really get going on the nursery starting with paint and restructuring the closet! I have a great idea that mom gave me that will be too cute and affordable. That closet is a little bit of a nightmare because of it's shape. But I will fix it!

Well today I didn't feel well and it took me awhile before I got up and going. Thanks Clay! But before I went to work I headed to the gun store. I picked out a few revolvers I liked that I feel would be a good choice for home protection in the house. Clay is a little more resistant to the idea but we are going to get one. I will feel much more protected and confident. Rocky is going to look over some I like. I don't want to buy one immediately just to own one, but I would like to purchase it soon. A little scary and surreal going into a gun store knowing you feel the need to own a gun in case you need to stop someone who is in your home threatening the life of your baby, spouse, or self. It's scary. What happen to the days when no one locked the door and 911 didn't even need to exist? I could go on and on about this as I have been doing a lot of research, but it's such a weird topic and not one I will continue on my blog.

I'll write later!

Love Nat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you get that back ground?
thanks for commenting EVERY one of my blogs. haha. weirdo.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about your doctor's visit going well and he answering your questions so thoroughly. (is that spelled correctly?)
About the gun, I don't know. I remember as a child, someone peering in our windows and trying to open the back door, Mother got the revolver out and couldn't get the bullets in she was shaking so much. I believe I am still scared about someone breaking in but also guns!! Anyway he ran away when Mom called out 'I have a gun.'

jillian elizabeth said...

YAY you're going to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!!!! This is such great news! Sorry I haven't written in awhile, it's been crazy with the new job. When will you be done with the closet? I want to see it when I'm in town next (new years). Oh and for the record, I want a gun too ..... seriously!