Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm trying new things...

Unfortunately not fruits and vegetables... SEWING. I have always sewn some but I am now advancing my level. I am making the bedding too so I want to learn. I have been looking for lessons. I know some stores offer group lessons but I was hoping to find someone to work with me one on one. If anyone knows someone who sews and would be willing to teach me I would love to do that! I think I would only need a few lessons.

Me: "So I am headed to my lessons."

Friend: "Oh, what instrument are you learning to play?"

Me: "Oh, no, it's sewing lessons..."

Friend: "Dorky."

If I actually can make pretty crib bedding that it won't be dorky, but if I can't then maybe a little dorky. :) I wish I was born in the early 1900's. I would like it!

If we don't find out the sex of the baby it bothered me we wouldn't have something girly or boyish to put on the baby when we take him/her home from the hospital so I wanted to make some plain onesies special. I wanted to sew different things on them including their initial.

I read up on some ways to go about it and have attempted my first one. I hope the future ones look a little better, yet I am really pleased with this one considering it's my first. I did a C.S. for Cash, but don't think I know and haven't told y'all... because I have pink fabric out right now to do a L for Miss. Lola.



If anyone knows how to do this and has tips I could use them! This is all from reading and watching clips off YouTube. Unfortunately the clips weren't as helpful as the old fashion reading.

Clay and I finally finished our registry at Babies R Us and that took some time, but so fun. We did half there and half online. Everything is pretty much good for a girl or boy. Then when can use a lot of it with the next four kids! Haha! Now that I finished it, I want to start going to buy stuff off it just so baby stuff is here at the house. It's so fun just to have these white onesies laying around.

Well I love this time of year! I already am playing Christmas records (yes, old records) and am putting up our trees tomorrow! How exciting! Well I gotta go eat lunch!

Love Little Momma'

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How cute! At first I thought it was camouflage material, but the green polka dots look boyish too. I can't wait to see the big L.