Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby, baby, baby…

Can I be 19 weeks pregnant as in basically half way done?? How is this possible? In some ways I feel like I have been pregnant forever, but that’s just because I feel worse this time around, but really it is going by fast and if I start feeling loads better I bet it will be over before I know it.  Which is crazy because that means Clay and I will have two sweet little ones at home and not just one.  I am really excited for this and am more excited that Clay and Lola are so ready! 

I need to get my booty in gear with the nursery!  People say “Oh you have time-“ but I know it will fly by especially through the holidays.  January and February will be good months to focus in on it.  I like babies nurseries being done by 37 weeks in case we have an early arrival- BUT I learned my lesson with Lola and I will mentally prepare to carry this baby every darn day of 40 weeks.  Clay and I are going to do some bigger projects over Thanksgiving break!  Woohoo!   And my mom said she would paint all the doors, trim, and shelves with the oil base paint!  Yayaya! Still good for that mom? :)  Oh and still need to wallpaper too… definitely want to see the big projects done by the new year.

Something I am really excited over is I am making a quilt for the twin bed going in the nursery!  It will be my first full blown quilt and I am so excited.  I want to make one for our bedroom too.  I will get started on that during Thanksgiving when Clay has some time off. 

I can’t wait to meet he or she and still sticking to my guns on not finding out.  Even Clay is digging it.  The fun things is the baby is pretty active like Lola, so I have been feeling lots of kicks and nudges and I think it will be just another week or so until Clay (and you Laura) can feel too.  I already have people touching my belly which is weird.  If I am talking and someone does it, I totally loose my train of thought. I guess I need to post pictures of my bump, don’t I?  I have been saying I will… snuck one in with Halloween photos.  I’ll get Clay to take one soon.    

Well just wanted to ramble about this baby.  I am so excited and just want to fast forward to due date time!  Last time, I really remember enjoying the pregnancy more- did I forgot a lot of stuff or do they just feel that different?  Hope I forgot when I get baby fever for the time after this!

Clay and I enjoyed a nice date last night and for the first time in 2.5 years of Lola’s existence had a real-life babysitter.  What does that mean?  We had Kylee, who I and Lola absolutely love come over and watch Lola at our house during night hours so we could go out at normal date time!  And guess what, Kylee, our new hero, had Lola down at bedtime, house cleaned and no problems.  We were trying to figure out at dinner how often we can ask her without making her sick of us. Hehehe- it was nice.  But we got to talk a lot about the pregnancy and baby names, parenting with two, etc… it was fun.  We also saw an R-rated movie to balance off all the mommy and daddy talk.  Hahaha! (I have no idea what the movie was actually rated for the record.)  

Well it’s 5 p.m. which means bath for Lola and figure out what everyone is eating for supper. I think I am seeing an early bedtime for me tonight. 

Feeling blessed this week and looking forward to Thanksgiving and having Clay home more that week!  Also getting the big ultrasound next week to check on baby!  Looks like Laura is going to get to go with me- a little weird but Clay knows he would try and peak if he saw the baby- so I am using my “fill-in” spouse- Laura.  Didn’t think of it till now, but will we look like lesbians?  Haha- oh lordy.  Luckily my doctor has met Clay already!

Enjoy your week and will post pictures soon.  Also will post on Sew Creative soon to update what my students have been doing.  They are amazing and so talented!  

1 comment:

~Laura~ said...

so ready for this baby to be here too! excited to see how the whole dynamic will change :)

oh lesbian lover... ;)