Monday, October 31, 2011

Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe!!!

Okay, okay- I need to share the wealth and many of you have wanted the recipe!  I make this every year and friends and family love it!  (Makes a great, cheap gift or a fun surprise for friends!)  A high school teacher shared this recipe with me (let’s see- about a decade ago! Geeze.). I lost the originally recipe and this is what I do-

Recipe:

First note you need something large to mix this all in unless you cut in in half!

A box of non-fat powdered dry milk (25.6 ounce)

1 pound of confectioners sugar-  Oh and honestly a good bit more doesn’t hurt anybody and will make it sweeter! ;)

I use a 14.1 ounce jar of Nesquick powdered chocolate

Last but not least, around 10 ounces of powdered creamer

Mix all together!  I fill my mug up about 1/3rd of the way full and then add boiling water- and it’s great with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to help cool it down and marshmellows and maybe some reddi whip.  What’s the point of drinking it if you aren’t willing to go all out?  I think it doesn’t taste the same if you don’t let your water come to a boil and then add it… my husband just warms his water and it isn’t the same!

The GREAT thing about this recipe is you can totally make it your own!  A candy cane as a stir stick is great and gives it the peppermint flavor. Also, creamers come in all kinds of flavors- you could play with that.  And I know some people like to add cinnamon (just a little bit!).  My next batch I will split into 4 batches and “experiment” some!  I’ll let you all know if I come up with something amazing!

Enjoy!  And let me know how you modify to fit your family!