Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Addict...

Hi.
My name is Natalie.
I am 23 years old and married.
We are currently expecting our first child.
And.
I am... an addict.
In fact, I am a ruffle addict.
Every pillow, blanket, piece of cloth I sew has to have a ruffle on it. I tried piping, but it didn't suit me. The ruffle is what I must have. And I am also struggling with my addiction to sew. I wake up and sew before I even fix my breakfast. I know this is a problem and I need help. :)

I love this sewing thing... now I am officially done with sewing for the nursery!! I have sewn the material that I covered the rocker in, 8 pillows, a cute curtain, a bumper pad, a crib skirt, a big baby blanket, a little-bitty mini baby blanket, a large seat cushion... could that be it??? Oh and lots and lots of ruffles. I have put ruffles on lots of things. I love them! I hope the pictures do everything justice, if not you'll just have to see the room in person! I'll post the videos in order so you can see the progression then post pictures of the things I have made... THE NURSERY IS NOT DONE- some shelves are decorated (2 or 3) and most of them just have stuff on them- and nothing is hanging on the walls yet... and I still need side tables to go next to the crib... so that is my disclaimer. I don't like showing pictures until it's all done- but I'll give a sneak peak of her little room~

Nonna loves to help! lol (And that chandelier would be real cute to all of you if you only paid twenty something for it! That might be the biggest reason I love it!)


Me and your daddy even think about you at the grocery store!


Stacy and I were cutting in since Clay surprised me and painted the nursery the night before. The shelves, doors and closet all were painted a few days before this video by Clay and my mom! The did a marvelous job! The shelves were wood. Everything looks better with a new coat of paint! The Chandelier is also hanging but isn't done and the shades aren't on yet!

Stacy and me a few hours later- all done! Mess was cleaned up! Thank you Stacy for devoting so much time and work to Lola's nursery!

I am sewing away- This is me as a beginner- I get better! Clay talks to me sometimes while I sew so we made a little video of me sewing! (I like how I already think I am a pro- hey without any confidence I wouldn't have made what I ended up making!! LOL)


Clay worked so hard on making the closet feel clean and new for me and Lola. (Really me as he would say!) He painted it a fresh, clean white, put in shelves (I covered them in fabric!) and replaced the attic door thing. I also covered it in fabric. Well worth a dollar and I like the look better than paint! Her closet is getting full! It has more and more in it and is now being over taken with bows! Thanks Nonna! :) We love bows! (The wooden sticks still need a coat of white paint on them!)


Here is her name I made! Yes I think it is cute and yes I made them- I sound a little bratty in the video, but I wanted to show you her name! I like the letters!


Nonna came to my rescue! After being up all night making ruffles to sew into the bumper pads and making the ties I thought I had been in a car wreck... I was so sore. Nonna came to help pin (She prefers hot glue to sewing so she made an excellent "pinner"). She saved me time since I didn't have to pin...


Once Nonna left (after a few hours of pinning) Lola's Great Grandmother, Maw-Maw came to help me finish. She took over the job of pinning and by this point I was so tired but determined to finish that she also helped me think through the best way to finish! And we got it done! Thanks to both of you for helping so much! (I cute Maw-Maw off by accident at the end.. Lola- she was telling you she loves you very much!)



Now pictures:
Here is Lola's rocker- It was originally bare wood and had an ancient piece of fabric on it: now it's been painted, covered and monogrammed. I covered it myself so don't look too close! :)

Lola's curtain: (no ruffles, but crystals!!)


Lola's Bedding: (The bedding picks up a shine in the picture- the purple isn't actually shine this much!):




The pillows and blankets you'll have to wait on- and don't forget- that purple isn't that shiny! :) LOL

These videos are still loading! Ahhhh!!!

Love y'all!
Nat

7 comments:

Debbie said...

So precious! I am so proud for Lola!
You are quite the seamstress!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful nursery ~ fit for a royal princess!
Awesome job Natalie!!
Love you lots!!

Jen Smith said...

Ahhh - I love it! You've done an awesome job on the nursery!!! Let me know if there is anything you need!

House for Sale said...

I have to say these pictures do not due it justice. It is so perfect! I am amazed at you Nat. Lola will love it for sure. The closet is even pretty.

jillian elizabeth said...

Nat.....you ROCK! Seriously, I am so amazed and cannot wait to see it in person soon! Miss you and the fam so much. Thanks for FINALLY (after all my begging) posting these pics! love love love it!

roxrae5679 said...

Natalie!!! What a beautiful home you have made for Lola!!! You are so talented!!! I am going to have to come over and check it out!
Love you!!!

~Laura~ said...

Hey Natalie!
So, I saw your blog through Lauren Coats.. I see you are having a baby girl, CONGRATS! I just had a baby girl as well, Aubrey Kay, in December. It is just the best being a mom! Your nursery is super cute! I wanted to make her bedding as well, but didn't quite get to it! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, and congrats, and if you have any questions about anything pregnancy/mom related, I'm an open book! :) Hope all is well!
~Laura Bond
p.s. I guess I have been a silent reader, hope you don't mind. It's just been nice to hear someone else going through where I am!