Sunday, January 4, 2009

Le Creuset is Magical!

Okay so I asked for a skillet, a nice one, for Christmas. I figured Clay or someone would go to Marshalls pick out one that was fairly expensive for a Marshall's item and have that as one of my smaller gifts for Christmas... but to my surprise I opened a Le Creuset Skillet in a nice red. I knew that this brand was considered very nice and I knew the price tag proved it. Clay could see disappointment in my face when I opened it. I normally enjoy a bunch of small gifts rather than one or two expensive ones, so I was shocked I got such a nice skillet. He didn't understand why I might be disappointed because he said it was the definition of a nice skillet and I would be needing it as I learn to cook more and more, especially now that our family is growing. After some discussion I decided to take it back, but he happen to drop it on the tile floor chipping the skillet some, so I knew it was mine for ever. Well the whole point to this story is I LOVE that freakin' skillet. It is amazing. I bet the entire line is that amazing too. After reading all the great reviews on it I decided to be optimistic about my skillet and use it as much as possible and on a variety of things. It is magical! I made tasty eggs that didn't stick and cleaned out easily, pancakes that turned a beautiful golden color, homemade alfredo sauce for our homemade pasta we made, grilled cheeses, etc... nothing too fancy, but it's definitely good motivation to cook some things I might not normally do. Clay is glad to see that I like it and I am too. I recommend this to people who enjoy cooking and really to people who don't!

Okay about the nursery... definitely coming along. I bought a sheet that I love that goes with the bedding I am making but now it is discontinued so I am having trouble finding more. But I did finish the bed skirt tonight and I have to say... it is gorgeous and girly. I have decorated a couple of the shelves and found a table for the nursery. I tried to upload videos the other day but it was taking awhile and I was in a hurry so I will have to do it later. I need to finish out the closet so I can put all of her clothes in there. I'm so excited. I'll post pictures or/and video soon.

I ran into Joi the other day and she is still reading my blog (a silent reader) so a big shout out to her! Hey Joi!!!!!

I go back to work tomorrow which isn't a very big deal since it's only a little bit in the afternoon, but only three more months of work till I will be done so I can stay with Lola. Lola I love you!!! And your daddy really does too... he talks about you all the time. It's incredibly sweet.

Love The Parents-To-Be

1 comment:

jillian elizabeth said...

Lola's room is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love it! It is precious just like she is going to be, I can hardly wait for her to get here!