Saturday, January 31, 2009

FAT NAT

Welcome 8th MONTH! I can't believe it... my third and final trimester. It went by extremely fast, but I have a feeling the next couple of months may not. My sleep is off and on, some nights I sleep great and some nights not at all. I keep having reoccurring dreams where I am in situations where I have to save people's lives. I am normally very pregnant in my dreams and sometimes I know the people and other times they are strangers. It is quite bazaar and I wake up very stressed. I am ready for new dreams. Dreams that have to do with sunny beaches, tropical drinks, and size 2 figures again!

This week especially I have really started to feel FAT! Clay loves the pregnant body and always tells me it's a baby, not fat, but truth is the baby only ways a few pounds and I have gained quite a bit more. It's partly fat and even the part that is baby still makes you feel so much heavier. I will definitely start to work-out as soon as the doctor gives me the okay after birth, so all of you can hold me accountable.

I must have been naive or just very unaware, but I never thought certain things would happen to me or at least not until a few weeks before delivery... like...

1. Clay's T-Shirts fit me...
2. My "girls" are already two cup sizes bigger and this is pre-milk stage- I liked my "girls" before pregnancy and now they seem to be just a little out of hand, and in a few months I will have so much "boob-age" I will definitely be able to afford to lend some to my mom and sis- who could use a little help... LOL! (They like their girls for the record.)
3. Bending down to tie my shoes sucks and leaves me out of breath.
4. I would want and wear underwear like my mother's... mine just doesn't look the same on.
5. Back rubs would ever feel so, so good. Clay tried to get out of the back rubbing thing for awhile, but now he will do it whenever and often even ask if I want one (without me asking!) because he knows I love it and he loves me! And Lola! It makes me forget I am pregnant for a few minutes and helps my back not ache for an hour or so.
6. My tummy doesn't fit underwater when I take baths... poor thing hasn't it awhile too... My entire body might be submerged under water except that belly and of course my girls.
7. I manage to get even more car sick even when I drive... looking at houses isn't the same.
8. I have to use a full-length mirror to see parts of my body I can't see anymore, no matter how hard I try...(That might sound gross- but every pregnant girl knows it's true!)

Well I am spring cleaning since April won't be as good of a time, and it's taking me forever. I can only manage to get enough energy to do a closet or room at a time. My house is a mess, but as soon as I finish spring cleaning it should feel really clean and the clutter should be good. My Mom and Maw-Maw said they would help me get the house real clean right before Lola arrives, which will make me feel good!

I hope to have a garage sale in about a month. Give Clay and I some Lola money. If you have clutter in your house bring it to mine and I'll sell it, although I must warn you... your clutter is a donation to my garage sale... all sales go to "Lola's Fund." Haha... last year when I had a garage sale my mom gave me some stuff to put in it and for weeks my dad kept asking where his check was from what they made at the garage sale. Mom and I finally had to tell him how the Natalie Garage Sales worked. Lol--- he was dead serious too.

Lola's room is just about done. I only lack small little things and I finally found something for over her bed. I got it at a deal for $30 dollars and am hoping it ends up looking great. I am having my mom paint and glaze it because we weren't crazy about the original color. She still is planning on painting a table in the nursery then I should be done... done enough. I could always find things to add and tweak, but at least I will feel like it is finished besides adding lotions, jellies, diapers, etc... Clay and I walk in that room almost daily and just stare in disbelief that we are going to have our own little baby, a baby girl.

Well Lola is moving around a lot still and the movements supposedly increase until about 32 weeks. She still moves as often, yet because of the lack of space the movements seem more like wiggles than kicks and pokes. (We will see if this is true) I am in my 29th week. I am looking forward to different kind of movements, because these sweet little movements of hers make me very sick. In fact I have felt more nauseated now than I did in my first trimester! Despite it, I like to know she is moving and getting stronger, so keep kicking Lola.

Well countdown definitely has started and I look forward to her arrival. She has 8-12 weeks longer. 8 weeks seems sooo short, but that will make me full-term and 12 weeks seems kind of long still, but I know it's just around the corner.

Clay and I are still trusting the Lord that He will open doors for us and Clay is doing what he can. Please pray that we continue to trust God through this anxious and stressful time.

I really need to clean a little, but I am worn out and am gonna nap for a minute before Clay gets home.

I'll post more pictures soon of my belly and the room. I definitely need a belly shot so I can keep a good record of how much I am growing! Wowzers!

Love Nat-
A shout out to the silent readers (Laura!). Thanks for posting a comment! It was great to hear from you and that baby girl of yours is just adorable! Keep in touch! For anyone else that may be reading and I don't know- comment!!

And a thanks to Cassi for always reading and sending Lola and me sweet texts letting us know you are thinking about us! We think about you and can't wait to see you coach in Dallas.

8 comments:

jillian elizabeth said...

YAY Lola is almost here! I can hardly wait for her arrival. Did Nick tell you that I booked a flight for April 24th? If she comes sooner I will definitely do my best to move the flight. I cannot wait to meet her, she is going to be the most precious baby girl. Wish I was there to help you out and join in the spring cleaning, guess I'm not much help 1,300 miles away. Miss you so very much!

House for Sale said...

I have to admit...I just had to touch the girls today. LOL!!!(we are from Arkansas) I have never seen such a thing! Kebby and I can't wait to see what happens when your milk comes in! You are still a great size prego! Hey Jillian...always good to hear from you. It makes us all happy to read your sweet comments!!! Now back to the girls...Let's start a pot of bidding what Nat's bra size will be by the time Lola gets here... This sounds like something Nick would do...hum!!!

Debbie said...

You look beautiful! It's not fat it's LOLA! :-)

~Laura~ said...

I love that you made a list of the "unexpected".. I did the same thing! I definitely know what you mean about the shoes, who knew tying your shoes would be such an accomplishment!? If its any consolation, my "girls" got bigger as well, but they went down.. some! :) The weirdest thing to me was being able to feel my stomach resting on my legs! crazy! Being pregnant is such a strange experience.. but also the most wonderful!
Oh, what did you make the letters for her name out of? They are really cute!

~Laura~ said...

oh (again), thanks for the shout out, and the baby compliment! I think she is pretty adorable too, but I may be a little partial :)

Natalie said...

Hey Laura- the letters I bought at Hobby Lobby- they are just lightweight cardboard letters and I covered them in paper and different embellishments. They are quite fun to make and pretty simple as well!

Carole said...

All this talk about the Girls!! As I recall I was sitting on your couch not too long ago and ya'll were admiring mine??!!! Your mom has always been jealous......just ask her what Mandel has always said to her about it!!! Can't wait to see you in person. This might be worth a drive for me. :) Love you and Lola....

Anonymous said...

Everything you write is so very interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated!! I love it!