Monday, March 23, 2009

Doctor Visit

This week is the start of seeing my doctor every week! I am excited and anxious, which made for an antsy doctor's visit today. Right after getting my weight and blood pressure taken I head to the room and I hear the nurses telling my doctor, "You must leave now, it's time!" So I knew what that meant for me- reschedule appointment or another doctor and I hesitantly decided to see the other doctor. I already knew my doctor had a baby to deliver because this morning I woke up to the doctor office calling to see if I could come in an hour early. It ended up being perfectly fine, but I was just a little bundle of nerves. And not to mention these third trimester tears can come at any moment, especially if I am already full of emotions! I did everything in my power to hold back because I thought it would look pretty silly me crying over seeing another doctor, especially since I would want my doctor to rush out the door if it was my baby being born! I completely understood- just those hormones I guess. ???

Everything went good. My blood pressure was higher than my normal BP, but still low. I am always 110/60. Never higher... and normally exactly those numbers, or lower... AND no weight gain over the last two weeks! Finally! I definitely have gained more weight than I would have liked, but I didn't realize how much I would gain during my second trimester. That's the one that killed me! This trimester has not been so bad and I was super pleased to see the scale hadn't moved over the last two weeks! I don't think I'll gain much more at this point, except for her weight. Despite gaining more weight than I wished for, I still feel good about my body naked! Haha, sure there are more flaws that there use to be, but I feel like I look smaller naked than I do clothed. Clothes just make me look shorter and rounder, yet naked I feel good! The last thing everyone wants to picture is a nine month pregnant girl walking around naked! Back to the doctor visit- The doctor that saw me was very kind and she seemed surprised at how low Lola is! I knew she was low. My cervix is thinning already (maybe it should be??) and she could actually feel her head. I asked her what I could do to speed things up and she said no walking until I am through my 37th week. She didn't want this baby coming too soon, so maybe that means if I start walking during my 37th week I can get this show on the road! I think it's good for me that she is already so low! So all good news!

Stacy and I have some strict, yet very doable goals for this summer. With plans on being at the beach and of course the lake, I definitely have some motivation to get this baby weight off. I feel confident that I am capable of losing the weight and my goals line up well with Stacy's, which will make us good work-out friends. We will both have to start on our own during May then work together through the rest of the summer! I am looking forward to being more disciplined with my body and mind. I know I'll feel better!

Clay has had positive feedback with this company he is currently talking with and we should hear something definite tomorrow. Hopefully. He has also been studying for the civil test for the Dallas and Mesquite Fire Department. He has done excellent on the practice exams and we hope we have a few eggs in this basket as well.

I am on my laptop so I can't post pictures of all the great things we saw at the Dallas Aquarium last week, but I want to soon! There are some neat pictures! I'll have to wait till I am on my desktop!

I am getting so pregnant that even laying out is hard! This weekend at the lake I didn't even layout! After a ten minute attempt, I was too hot and too tired. Isn't that sad? I ended up coming home early with Kebby. It ended up being nice I came home early because Clay and I had a date night Saturday night. First in awhile. I wasn't too tired! We had a good time and saw I Love You, Man. It was funny and I really like Paul Rudd, but it seemed really long. I thought maybe it seemed long, because I feel so pregnant, but Clay thought it felt like a long movie too. It was a fun, relaxing evening. We may not have one like that for a little while! :)

I mailed thank-you cards today after writing them this weekend. And I also put fifty or so addresses in my address book. It was something I wanted to do before Lola was born, so I am glad I got around to it! I have been cleaning a lot too! Not normal cleaning either. I also walked around the house and tried to wipe things down that I normally don't see, because I am on the shorter side... like the top of the vent-a-hood over the stove and weird ledges. I cleaned all the baseboards and shelves. Maw-Maw said this behavior is called nesting. She also said next week she'll come and help me with my "nesting" urges. We are giving my mom the boot since we know she needs to not use her broken wrist. She would come help clean regardless of the cast- but she needs to let that wrist heal!

I know a couple of younger moms who clean homes one or two days out of the week for some extra money. I was thinking that I may really enjoy that. I love to clean and that would only take me away from Lola one day a week and my mom said she would watch her that day for me. Towards late summer I think I will look into that option for sure. Depending on what Clay is doing will obviously depend on how important my income will be. Hopefully not too important, because I love having a little rat hole to spend! But it is what it is and it will be what it will be.

This Wednesday is the big day! SPA DAY! I am finally using my spa certificate my husband got me for Christmas and can't wait for my day of pampering! I am looking forward to it tremendously! Thanks Clay! :)

Now I'm off to finish the laundry! :)

No comments: