One month shy of a year and it’s astonishing how much she has grown and developed in 11 months time. I loved her so much the minute she was born and really felt an instant unconditional love and connection with her, never believing I could feel more love for her then I did then. But it just isn’t so. I love her so much more with each passing day. The scripture I put up the other day says a heart at peace brings life to the body and I feel she has put my heart at peace and gives me life, along with her daddy. What a great family I have!
So at 11 months there’s so many things to share:
- Lola is wearing 12-18 months clothes. Her growth has slowed down incredibly, but her appetite is always increasing!
- She loves snacking on all sorts of foods like baby zesty tomato puffs, mum-mums, cereal, loves fruit loops, pop tarts, M&Ms, pasta, and her favorite might just be MAC AND CHEESE! That’s my girl! She is drinking V8 light strawberry banana something another…
- As far as bottles, she has about 5 a day, 5 ouces each. I am hoping we can make an easy transition over to milk and sippy cups, but I am a little worried. What’s it matter if they use bottles after 1??
- She weighs almost 23 lbs.
- She has had a terrible ear ache for almost a month and a visit to an ENT is taking place next week.
- She is obsessed with children, including her best friend, Aubrey. (She loves Laura a lot too!)
- She says Jesus pretty clearly! Mama, Dada, Nick, Duck, Ba, (lots of “Bs”) I think she said Brown Bear… she seems to try to say a lot, but some things just aren’t clear enough to count…
- She loves her toothbrush, her bedroom, her books, her bath time and her talking Elmo, which leads into her new love of Sesame Street.
- She never crawls now and can stand up without needing anything to assist her.
- She has seven teeth now and one just about to poke through.
- Her hair is still out of control and growing pretty fast… no curls… yet?
- Sleeping is still a major problem, which the upside to that is it keeps the baby fever away for a little while longer. She sleeps with me and with the ear aches, Dr. Bala said no more crying in the crib… :( She naps in her crib and on the rocking chair…
Well she is so full of energy even at 9 p.m. I need to go play with her and get her ready for bed!
Happy 11 months Lola! You are so loved by EVERYONE!