Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Mom!

lola2_Page_6[1]

This weekend was such a wonderful weekend!  We celebrated Mom turning 50, which she is proud of and should be!  She acts like a 20 year old, but has the wisdom of a 50 year old.  What a great combo!  Such a great friend and mom to me, so on her special 50th birthday- I just gotta’ list 50 reasons why I love her:

1. She’s selfless. 

2. We both like having 10 different conversations at once.

3.  She fixes me cupcakes every year for my birthday (or gets Lakeview cupcakes!)

4. She doesn’t get offended easily, like when I get upset that I might have her nose :)

5. She only cries and talks real sweetly on a church stage.

6. She’s a fabulous grandmother, Nonna, “Nah-Nah”, or “Nay-Nay”

7. She celebrates even the little holidays and doesn’t quit buying us surprises even when we are adults and Dad thinks it is ridiculous

8. She keeps a clean home.

9. She keeps a well-decorated home.

10. She knows the importance of the two above and has taught me that!

11. She’s a good listener, but then again isn’t.  Haha.

12. She still shops at bargain stores, depsite not having to.

13. She is good at the tough love thing.  Lord knows I needed some.

14. She’s a great wife, which has been great to see and learn from.

15. She always fixed me a side dish so I didn’t go hungry.

16. I love that she feels she can yell, “Shit Natalie” on a boat that is burning up in front of  Dad because I wacked her in the face with the life jacket I was waving while panicking.

17. I love that two minutes after cursing at me she can laugh about it. (And me for that matter)

18. I appreciate that she always wrote on napkins in our lunchboxes- IN HIGH SCHOOL!

19.  I love that she stayed home with us through the years… and still does… :)

20.  I love that she sings songs she doesn’t know the words to.

21. I love her ability to arrange flowers so well.

22.  And to make bows in 3 seconds flat.

23. I LOVE that she works on our stockings all year and they probably ended up costing bookoos. 

24. I love that she still does us stockings despite dad saying we are too old for them.

25. I like when she slips me extra cash for a dinner date or formula.

26. I love that her and Lola have bonded and team up on me…

27. Two words. Sugar. Cookies.  Can I get an Amen?

28. I like the fact she does 12 small loads of laundry a day.

29. I am grateful she often picks me up and doesn’t make me drive.

30. I liked how during my last month of pregnancy I could get a hold of her without question.

31. And I liked how during labor she rubbed my feet for 12 hours and did the funniest breathing faces behind Clay trying not to take over.  It was hilarious.  I think I even told them I couldn’t concentrate because Mom was making me crack up in the background.  Her eyelashes looked so big and fluffy. 

32. I love the childhood memories she left us all with, like helping make crispas in the kitchen with Nick by rolling them in the sugar.

33. I love every homemade shirt she made for each one of my birthdays. Tacky or not.

34. I LOVE, love she gave me a great birthday present at the age of 7, a little sister.

35. And I loved she gave me a great birthday party one night later.  HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

36. I love that you know when to respond with the answer “No worries.”

37. I love that the “Do you have something to tell me?” trick didn’t work with all of your kids and that I now know that trick for Lola one day.

38. I love that it took 5 Vickies to equal you.  

39. I love that you fell in love with Dad in Junior High. 

40. I love that you decorate and make sugar cookies for silly holidays.  Your table settings are always so cute.

41. I love that on her birthday she gives up a day of sun bathing to help Dad pick out furniture for the 1600th time… drag.

42. I love that she has an itty bitty waste and a big ol’ booty.

43. On the same note, I love that her boobs are smaller than mine. (Sorry had to throw that one in there…)

44. I love that she has taken so much pride in Chick-fil-A and constantly helps Dad putting his interest above hers.

45.  I like how she mows and fixes things around the house. And I like how she likes doing those things.

46. I love that she let me take such a big part in Kebby’s life at such a young age.

47. I love she named me “Natalie Jo”

48. I love that she never puts pressure or stress on us.  She only uplifts.

49. I love that she continually gives even if never given back to.

50. I love that she loves me.

Happy Birthday Mom…

I love you.

 

Little bit later this week I will try and post about the weekend and some more things.  Lola has been pretty sick and we made it to the doctor Friday.  Two bad ear aches and may still be from the last time.  She finally fell apart today.  Poor thing.  Having to switch meds because the second, stronger one she had an allergic reaction to.  Please pray for a well baby soon and that the new meds  kick in fast!

Pictures soon…

3 comments:

Carole said...

Loved your 50 reasons.....several are the reasons I love her too.....only one BB in the world and I am blessed too to know her!!

Nonna said...

I for sure loved this and so appreciated Nat's hard work all weekend at the lake. It was a great time. There are a few reasons you could leave out but good you are keeping it real. However, I am not a cusser and you are out to make me one!!! LOL! Lola and I are enjoying ganging up on you. I love that she is starting to make that face I have seen you make a few times! Thank you again for a sweet message! Love you!!!!!

meme' said...

I can easily Amen and Amen your comments about your mother. How great of you to tell her this while you can. I love you and your mom!!
(I shared this with my sisters and Amye, hope you don't mind!)I didn't put your names but would be proud to do so.
If you are able to come to wedding please stay with us and tell your Dad the same thing....May 15th.