Saturday, February 25, 2012

Because you love me!

092

Lola is admiring her pony tail in the mirror and I thought it was so cute I had to snap a picture. It won’t go up like this unless it is wet. 

Surgery is set for Monday and I am a little anxious but ready to have it behind us.  She is still on antibiotics and messes with her ears so wondering if fluid is still in them.  I was explaining Monday to her which is confusing her because all the hospital talk lately has been preparing her for ME being in the hospital to have the baby, not her.  So she is trying to figure out why I am now saying she is… we talked about the gown she will have to wear and I called it a dress and said momma will wear one too when I have the baby so she thought for a second then told me “You go first, ok?!”  Lol… Hopefully she will do good and it won’t be too painful for her or me.

Lola is in bed tonight, which by the way, is going better.  I am getting more and more exhausted at night so the nights she sleeps through the night in her own bed not needing Clay or myself is wonderful.  I have been taking Benadryl and when she does wake me up, I have an easier time falling back asleep after settling her.  Clay and Nick are out and the house is quiet and I am relaxing in the den.  Lola and I set up the baby swing two days ago- washed the swing, wiped down everything since the frame had been in the garage, replaced batteries, and now we have a baby swing back in our den.  I see it and it really hits me this baby will be in our lives soon and I have this overwhelming but peaceful sense of readiness.  I am truly in love with this baby already.  I love that our family is growing in numbers, in love, and in maturity.  Feels so nice.  I always told my dad I wanted to be in this stage of life and he tried to encourage me to enjoy the one I was in and when I got to this one, I would want the next one, but I knew I wanted this stage of life for a reason- it’s wonderful.  Mind blowing wonderful.  Don’t get me wrong, it looks ugly at times- pregnancy hormones, mixed with pregnancy issues, mixed with stupid second time car shopping, trying to be a good wife and mother and tired pregnant lady- it’s hard- but so rewarding and I feel so much love.  Lola leaned over and ever so sweetly kissed my face today then she looked at me perplexed and said “Why did I do that?”  And I smiled and said “Because YOU love Meeeeeee!”  She thought that was so funny and literally for 15 minutes wouldn’t stop kissing me and made me say “You love me” each time she did.  She just laughed and laughed.  I treasured every minute of it.

My sweet family.  Really can’t believe one more is about to be added.  And really, really can’t believe I don’t know the sex.  As ready as my body feels- sometimes it just doesn’t seem like I am this far along since I don’t know the sex of this baby.  35 weeks now so not much longer.  :)

Good night-

No comments: