Sunday, February 19, 2012

Now you see it, now you don’t…

photo

Clay and I were really excited over our recent purchase of a… PRIUS!  We were able to sell his car quickly and after a lot of looking found exactly what we were looking for!  It had a small dent on the side which the dealership was going to take care of for us but other than that- perfect.  Less than 20k miles, only a year old- it seemed brand spanking new! Lola loved it too and called it a spaceship.  Clay was digging the 55 mpg he was averaging.  But our happiness was short lived…

After three weeks of driving it and just getting it back from the dealership with the dent repaired… a big orange taxi happened… slamming right in the back of Clay on the highway.

image

He was okay- although still feeling really sore over a week later and I am feeling thankful Lola and I weren’t in the car.  Clay called me early one morning- around 8:30 a.m. which is really unusual for me to hear from my sweet, but non-morning person hubby before 10:30 a.m.  He had a bit of a quivering voice (not crying just knew he was about to tell me something serious) and told me the car had been totaled but he was okay.  I acted really calm and was surprised I was so relaxed about it.  The more time passed I was a bit more worried, but overall just glad he is okay.  But now it’s time to car shop again now that it has been officially declared totaled (shew!).  And btw, car shopping is one of those things that sound fun, but really is way more work than fun.  We both are a little depressed to do it all over again, but thankful it all has worked out.

No comments: