Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yum, Yum!

 024

Lola is catching up on her baby dreams after enjoying the afternoon in the kitchen with her momma!  She helped me make homemade  butter cream icing just so I could use my new cake decorating tools I bought with gift cards to Hobby Lobby!   I was going to sign up for the Wilton Decorating Classes, but I thought they were too expensive and I decided I would attempt to teach myself and regardless, Lola and I could have fun trying!  She loved the icing too!  And loved the hot cupcakes just out of the oven!  And I don’t know what beats cupcakes just out of the oven!  They don’t even need icing! Yum!

Well this also came about because I thought I should start trying to find a icing recipe I liked so I knew which one I would use for her birthday cake!  I thought I would need to try several, but I think this is a winner!  The cupcake and the icing were a perfect combo!

Want the recipe?

Butter Cream Icing Ingredients
1 stick salted butter - room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter - room temperature
1 cup shortening
1 tablespoon Clear* Vanilla extract (*if wanting white icing)
2 pounds confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar, 10x)
4-6 tablespoons very cold milk

Mix butter and shortening.  Then add vanilla and mix.  Then slowly mix in a little sugar at a time… and last add 1 tablespoon of milk at  a time to get your desired consistency.  I only used 4 tablespoons.  I think 6 would have been way too much for what I was doing!

And we made vanilla cupcakes and my mom taught me to add more oil than the recipe calls for to make it super moist!  It works great!  

Lola took a break from baking to watch TV and play!

009

004

 

006

Just something cute Lola did today- I took her bow out when we got home and she grabbed it from me and put it on top of her head!  Yayaya!  She loves bows!  At least today she does!  I laughed so hard and just kissed her!

 

An amazing God story in progress: Jenny Bizaillion

Have you been a part of this story? If you don’t know what I am talking about Jenny who has been in critical condition in the ICU and still is, but is finally making some progress that can only be explained by God.  Please check out what’s going on at carepages.com.  Here name is Jenny Bizaillion formerly Ross.  Her story is amazing and it has been quite a journey to just be in the background praying for her, her family, and doctors and nurses and seeing God’s hand at work.  It’s one of the few times in my life that I have felt that God is so real. It’s like I expect him to walk into the hospital and sign the guest list.  (I felt the same way through labor and delivery with Lola!)  But he’s done a lot more than that for Jenny and those involved.  Jenny was admitted to the hospital with a bad case of the flu (about a week ago) that quickly had turned into much more.  At this point, it seems things are finally turning around, although just two days ago a Chaplin was brought in at night for the family.  If you don’t know anything about this, please pray…  I think an appropriate prayer is for complete healing.  She’s at risk of loosing her fingers and toes and has been on a lot of meds which may have side effects later.  There’s just so much more to this story it’s hard to catch you up now.  But it’s been amazing being apart of this and you know what I mean if you have been praying for her! We are all witnessing a miracle.  Even the doctors agreed that whatever the family is doing, is somehow working.  That’s God for you!  Mom?  God is God, ay?  It makes me cry seeing God be so faithful to the thousands of people praying for this great woman.  I do know KLTY prayed over her on air because they received so many letters regarding her condition and situation.  Amazing… Oprah should interview her and show the power of prayer when we come together!

No comments: