Friday, December 19, 2008

Copycat

My friend Ginni has a really cute blog and she did this Christmas survey on hers and I really enjoyed reading it so I thought I would copycat and try it out as well:

Christmas Survey


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? As tempting as bags can be I normally gift wrap, with ribbon and handmade tags. I enjoy wrapping gifts while watching a holiday show.

2. Real tree or artificial? Clay would love to have a real tree but I am going to have to go with artificial since my nerdy little self is allergic to the real trees!

3. When do you put up your tree?
This year I put mine up before Thanksgiving! Insane- but it was great coming home from the lake with my tree already done up!

4. When do you take the tree down? Normally the day after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Love it! Clay went to the grocery store to buy me some right now! I love being pregnant! When you want something you can pass it off as a "craving." I'm sure Clay sees right through me! Hehehe.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My pink Barbie convertible. Although we lived in a neighborhood with untrusted neighbors, so I probably was only allowed to ride it down our hallway in the house.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Normally my mom. Nick and I definitely always have to think a little harder when shopping for her.

8. Easiest person to shop for?
Clay, he is not shy about what he wants for Christmas and he always has a lengthy list of great things to choose from!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, my Maw-Maw gave it to me!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Neither... but if someone gets a card from me it is normally handmade. Does that count for something? :)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A laundry hamper... you know who you are!! Haha.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation- we watch it every year!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I started before Thanksgiving, but every year it depends.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Guilty, but I am not as bad as my mom... wow, I just threw her under the bus!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Well when I was a child it was Crispas, but now I love hot chocolate, eggnog, and divinity (only my mom's though!).

16. Lights on the tree?
Do some people not do this?

17. Favorite Christmas song?
The Little Drummer Boy is one of my all time favorites. A fun one I enjoy is: I want a hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevy. I hope Lola likes this one.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Traveling abroad would be fabulous, or to the lake. :) We always stay home though so we can share time with both sides.

19. Can you name all Santa's reindeer?
Can I blame this on "Baby Brain Drain?" I was about to try, but I am too tired. Eh.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
This year I ended up with nothing somehow... I guess the nursery is getting full precedent over the Christmas Decor... but I think I will go with angel. My bedroom tree has a cool "S" at the top!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
OH MY GOODNESS- Morning! Santa comes during the night- duh.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
This is my favorite time of year, so I try to enjoy and not stress.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Sentimental ornaments are my favorite this year... Little Lola is already aging me!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I only tell Santa!

Merry Christmas!

Love Little Momma'

1 comment:

Ginni said...

Yay I am glad you did the survey! It is a fun survey to do and to read about other peoples traditions. Loved it!