Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holy Smoly

Jillian left me a comment letting me know Janie and Jack typically carry really cute swimsuits for babies. I checked it out and she was completely right! I can't believe I haven't found these on the web yet! They are by far the cutest. I only had a minute to look and I saw only a few, but all were prefect for Lola to make a debut in at the lake house. Big thanks to Jill for letting me in on this... (She also told me about the rhinestone pacifiers... AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE KIDS YET) Check it-





Okay here's what is happening... I said after Christmas I would get full swing into the nursery and no lie. I have. Mom and I found a great deal on a chandelier. I got a solid brass chandelier that has old school charm (may be old) for $30. Pretty excited. Mom painted it for me and I have dazzled it up some. My Paw-Paw (bless him) came over to hang it today. I could no longer look at that ugly fan in there. It was a bazaar, funny fan. It was tricky to hang for several reasons so thank goodness for Paw-Paw's and Maw-Maw's. Also, I bought the paint. BUT it isn't going to work. We decided to go with a soft lavender and not too much to my surprise I hate it. Even after getting a sample pint and testing it first, which it seemed great...after painting half the wall with it, it's awful. This is when Clay and I differ. He would rather kind of like it or make do with it then buy a new can, but not me. Every penny counts but a bad purple, is just that, a bad purple. I either will have the paint store make a better purple from it (to save the can) or just go with a pretty brown. My mom and husband are painting the shelves tomorrow (which I'll have to be gone all day since it is an oil base paint) which will hopefully help me to decide which color to go with on the wall. I am leaning back towards a brown. Next I have actually completed one side of the crib skirt. It's gorgeous and I have to admit I am very proud of my self. I wanted it to look well-made but also be well-made. I read a lot of instruction booklets on how to make nursery decor and I think it helped. And last I have picked up some really cute things to go on the nursery shelves. It's a good start. Oh and did I mention I have the rug too? My mom got me that for Christmas and I love it! It looks vintage so I am really playing off of it! I'll keep a nursery cam going if not for anyone but Jill and me and Lola.

Oh and my next blog will have to be all about my mother painting for me and putting up with my picky self since my Christmas blog was more about dad. She didn't mind telling me how sweet I talked about dad but not her. I told her she normally makes all the blog posts and it was dad's turn. I know she was only giving me a hard time, but just wait! Everyone be prepared for my next blog about my sweet, loving, gracious, selfless mother. I'll post pictures and video soon!

Love,
Nat

2 comments:

Ginni said...

CUTE!! I don't think you can go wrong with any of these or anything in that store!

jillian elizabeth said...

haha people must think that i'm baby obsessed! Little do they all know that I'm not having kids for a LONG time......I need Lola to grow up so she can babysit and then we will discuss me having kids :)
Genius plan!!!!!!!