Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!!!

My new furniture arrived today! I felt like it was Christmas morning. Then I was too excited after the furniture arrived and I couldn't go back to sleep! I picked out furniture at a furniture store in Dallas two months ago, so I hadn't seen it in awhile so today it was like a mini surprise. I also ordered the furniture in a different fabric then what is shown in the store so I was nervous to see what the one inch by one inch fabric swatch looked like on the couch and ROCKER! Regarding the ROCKER part, that's why I am so excited about the furniture. Instead of spending our money on a nice rocker for the nursery I decided to try and find one that would go in our den that was neutral so we could use it with several kids. This particular rocker I found just happened to have a couch that goes with it... so Wa La! We sold our old furniture last week, which thank you Jesus. Literally, thank you. I have had it on Craigslist for 8 weeks and I was getting anxious to sell it. Someone I knew ended up purchasing it just last week, which seem to work great for the both of us! It was kind of weird because I didn't know when this furniture would arrive. They just said allow approximately 8 weeks. So last Thursday I sold our furniture and Friday morning I got the call that we would receive our furniture within a week. I love stories that work out this good! Clay never saw the furniture in the store, which seems crazy but he said his little momma' seemed convinced the furniture was meant for her and he had a feeling even if he didn't like it that I would be able to persuade him, so he gave me the permission to order it. AND... he likes it! He loves the color and fabric, so yay for me! And I think he's pretty captured that there is a rocker in our den. :)

All smiles. I actually have to go to work earlier than normal today, because the girls get out early. Hopefully this just means I'll get off earlier and Clay and I can enjoy the afternoon!

1 comment:

Jen Smith said...

What - no pictures of the furniture - exciting!