Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hey! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the start of the new year!

We had such a fabulous Christmas. It was super nice spending time with my family as it's hard for us all to get together and completely relax! My dad shared some special stories and verses with us to start Christmas morning off. It wouldn't be the same without his words of love and wisdom. My dad is so genuine, calm, and compassionate that I always get emotional when he gets so sincere with his words and feelings. He really is the most Jesus-like man I have ever met. Even though he may not realize it, he always sparks my curiosity just to see him be him. Dad surprised Clay and I with a car seat. We really like the one he got, as it is great for an infant, yet suitable for when Lola gets bigger (up to 40 pounds). Kebby and I were laughing because she could have fit in it when she was in the second grade! Speaking of Keb... Kebby is a brunette now, which is super cute on her, but took me awhile to get use to! We all love it and it's so close to her natural hair color. She's not a natural blonde like her sister! She looks much more like mom now!

Clay and I got completely spoiled this Christmas by everyone and are very appreciative. But more than gifts we enjoyed the time with everyone. There is so much love around us. It's easy to forget how much love is to be given and received when everyone gets so busy. It was nice to relax. And Clay and I have really enjoyed our time together as he looks for new opportunities. It's been so fun and we treasure every minute together, well, almost every minute ;)

I hope to get the nursery completely painted from top to bottom next week so pictures will start showing up on the blog so everyone can see the progress. Clay and I received the Flip Video Camera from Clay's parents so maybe I can make a "Nursery Cam" of the progress.

Well Little Momma' (that's me!) needs to get some rest and some much needed beauty sleep. AND Soon I will be relaxing at the Spa as my husband completely surprised me with a day of pregnancy pampering, all for me! I can't wait and look forward to it very much. When shall I go?? Maybe Clay will take me and come back to pick me up so I don't even have to drive... I'm betting he will as he has been a super husband. It was kind of funny, because I was reading on one of my websites about these women complaining of how their husbands don't respond well to their opinions or feelings saying "It's all hormones," yet Clay has been a dream husband during the pregnancy. He hasn't used the ol' hormone thing with me and really works hard to keep me stress free, relaxed, and one happy girl. I appreciate that. I should tell him that too. Are you reading my blog Clay? lol.

Well I'm off to crazy dream land-

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Clay's side of the family enjoyed our Christmas time together with you as well! We LOVE you very much!

jillian elizabeth said...

YES.... NURSERY CAM please!!!!!!! Then I can see the progress from 2000 miles away!