Monday, December 15, 2008

BABY SPOILER: IT'S A GIRL!! LOLA LOU, WE LOVE YOU... YES ALREADY WE DO!

Well... the secret is out and we are expecting a GIRL! Little Lola Lou. We couldn't be more excited and Clay and I have had the best weekend being able to celebrate together. We told our families throughout the weekend and I was able to tell my family while celebrating my Maw-Maw's birthday, which was special because Lola Lou is named after her. Several has asked if I will call her Lola Lou or just Lola and I think just Lola is fine, but I am sure I will catch myself calling her Lola Lou too. I also say "Little Lola" often, even now. I really love the name.

We got bad news late this week. Clay was laid off, yet thankfully not with the job that carries our insurance. I knew he was upset and I knew he would be worried about how upset and stressed it may make me, especially being pregnant. I wanted us to be able to enjoy the holidays without too much stress or sadness so right before he got home from work (his second job) I decided to open the envelope. I knew it would just make him the happiest man on earth and it did. About ten minutes after I opened the envelope, he arrived home and I was standing up smiling ear to ear... he looked confused, but knew something exciting was up and I blurted out "I OPENED THE ENVELOPE. IT'S A GIRL!" He tackled me on the couch and we were so giddy all night. All weekend was filled with joy for us. I have already been designing and shopping for the nursery and can't wait to get it painted. My dad and Clay plan on painting the nursery very soon! So I wanted to let everyone know we are expecting a little girl.

On another note though, please pray that God will open new doors after closing this one. We have faith that there is a plan, yet it doesn't always make the situation feel easier. For right now we are trying not to stress, and are being thankful for still having insurance and being able to actually spend some time together. It's nice that he is no longer working 70 hour weeks. At his second job, now main job, he hopes to start back there full-time as soon as possible and is working on freelancing and other opportunities. Thanks for those who are keeping us in their prayers. Don't forget to pray for Little Lola too!

I am getting bigger and bigger every day and my appetite is definitely increasing. For the most part I feel pretty good, although Lola is sitting really low which can be incredibly uncomfortable. I am really thankful though my pregnancy has been so easy. I am definitely worried about the weight gain. At 22 weeks which is a couple of weeks into my six month I have gained 10 pounds. I don't want it to be more than 12 at my next appointment preferably still 10, but I seem to grow so much with each passing day. No lie. Here's a picture one week ago at 21 weeks. The picture at the top is also at 21 weeks (same day).

I will post a picture of the sweet envelope soon. It's great and I'll have to frame it. I have the rug, crib, and an antique rocker for the nursery along with lavender fabrics to start the bedding. I still need to buy the linen to make the bumper but a sale is suppose to take place in January so I'll wait to buy the rest of the fabric. I also bought the Robert Best Barbie illustrations which I knew I wanted if the baby were a girl... and surprise- a girl we have. Here is one of the four I have. I may not need all four after all, but I didn't want to take a chance. I'll write more soon. It had been a while so I am glad I could catch everyone up and have exciting news on top of it!

Love Little Momma and Lola Lou!!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I can't wait to begin spoiling Lola Lou! It will be so much fun! Bring on the girlie, frilly, lacey, sparkly FUN!!

Ginni said...

Cute pictures! I am so excited that you found out & that it is a girl!! Very exciting!

jillian elizabeth said...

YAY! I'm so glad I got to be there for the special announcement, that meant so much to me! I had a blast with you Sunday, sorry i wore you out! Just wait till we go see the Tut exhibit :)
See you in 2 weeks!

*Courtney* said...

Brenda told us yesterday, and we are so excited for you! Girls are just a ton of fun, trust me. And about the weight gain...it happens whether you want it to or not. I gained a total of 22 lbs and it took work, but you can lose it all. So, don't worry, you look beautiful, even with a few extra pounds! :)

Jen Smith said...

So sorry to hear that Clay lost his primary job - but isn't God good that you still have insurance through the 2nd job!!! I'm praying for you guys.

What a blessing to find out that you're having a GIRL!!! Definitely a great distraction, the last thing you need right now is stress!!! CONGRATS!

Let me know if ya'll need anything!

House for Sale said...

A baby GIRL! I was so surprised! Thank you for telling us in such a fun way! I was so glad Jillian and the whole fam was there. I am looking forward to every minute of her...Little Lola Lou!