Tuesday, February 10, 2009

30th Week-

I can't believe only 7-10 more weeks until Little Lola Lou arrives... Clay and I are now more ready than ever and just can't wait! I definitely feel bigger but I don't think my stomach looks much bigger than it did two weeks ago. It's shape is different and it keeps getting much harder!!! Clay and I went to my doctor appointment yesterday and even though it was pretty low-key, I think it's important for him to go. Rather he realizes it or not, I think it always makes him feel a little more part of the pregnancy and Lola's life... you know? It makes it more real. I did have to get a shot to help my body not fight off Lola's in case she has a positive blood type, since mine is negative. I do not like shots!

Well here is the latest bump picture... At 30 weeks. (If my belly looks shiny in pictures its because Italians rub olive oil on their bellies and since I am Italian, I rub, rub a lot of olive oil on my belly... it feels so good!) The doctor says she is growing nicely and seems to be a great size (not too big!). She is still head down and I imagine she'll stay that away now. Lately I have been feeling these areas of my stomach where she has pushed a body part up against my belly. It is real obvious especially to the touch and even sometimes just looking. The doctor thought it could be her knees because it's an awfully strong push and seems a tad bigger than her feet might be, but I think it could be both. Clay finally got to feel the craziness of this last night. He was touching my belly and felt her knee/foot and couldn't believe it. He laughed and ohhed and awed and pushed around on her knee then she kicked real hard and then moved positions... it was terribly funny. Clay's reaction was priceless. It's so weird to connect with her like that without seeing her. I'm sure he did, but I know I do- I feel much closer to her after hitting silly milestones like that during the pregnancy. It makes me feel like I know her better, love her more, and gives me such a sense of pride of being her mother already! I dreamed last night that she had six toes... I also dreamed that I starred in the TV Series Mad Men, because Clay and I have been watching that show from the first episode. We like it. These dreams are crazy. I absolutely can't sleep without my body pillow at this point. Some nights I wake up on my belly still which seems incredibly impossible but I guess it isn't. Once I wake up I realize that I am uncomfortable but I don't know how long I actually sleep on my belly. Although I don't sleep as well and I am making bathroom trips all night long... I still enjoy my sleep a lot because I am sooo tired. Physically tired. I have been checking out for the day around 7 or 8 lately. Poor Clay. That is the time of day he really wakes up. I guess that is why we are picking out some TV Series to watch. HPB has a lot of them and we can check them out to watch. It's great and free! Really if you find a good show to like, it's better than watching a movie and last much longer. Right now we are going though Mad Men, then we have Six Feet Under and Deadwood.

Well I need to go to the grocery store to get a few things. Then I am going to make a pie for my hubby to let him know I love him. I actually don't have to work today and tomorrow is my last day.

I can't wait to see when Lola gets here! Don't get here too early Lola, but don't get here too late either! We can't wait!

Love Nat

5 comments:

Ginni said...

Great update! I love your dreams they are so interesting, I can never remember mine! We need to hang out soon!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

I actually had the same dream before Clay was born. Except he had more than 10 toes! Can't wait to meet our little Lola Lou!

jillian elizabeth said...

First of all, PLEASE remind me one day when i am preggers (a long time from now) to use olive oil cause your tummy looks great! Im not italian but i like it! Thank you for posting more pictures, it makes me feel closer even though im still 1300 miles away! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Looking good Natalie!!!