Friday, October 15, 2010

Lola loves cupcakes…

It’s no secret I just love vanilla cupcakes.  I actually wanted cupcakes instead of a wedding cake long before it became popular.   I think they are delicious. 

Apparently Lola agrees.  I passed some cute Halloween cupcake decor at Wal-mart and decided it was a good excuse to make french vanilla cupcakes with homemade butter cream icing.

It was bedtime and Lola already had her pj’s on (plus a sweatshirt because it was chilly) but we couldn’t go to bed quite yet because we had one more batch to make. 

066

I bend over for a second and Lola goes in full force for her cupcake: Check out the determination on that girl’s face. 

069

So I let her… how could I not?

065

070

I feel we are so much alike I actually look forward to seeing how we are different. 

074

No time for pictures- we got cupcakes just out of the oven to eat!

091 081

Got to see if Lola approves of our cupcake topping!  Early we tested the icing we made and we both thought it was so “yummy” as Lola says.   Then she smiled and said “Happy.”  Melt. 

084

089

101

After Lola went to sleep and myself, I woke up remembering I never iced the cupcakes because I had to let the icing thaw some from being refrigerated.  So I got back up to ice them- and maybe next time I should have iced them before I got sleepy because then I just didn’t care how pretty they were.  Haha-

105

In the making of these cupcakes, no babies were harmed by eating too many cupcakes. 

Butter Cream Dream Icing Recipe:

Ingredients
1 stick salted butter - room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter - room temperature
1 cup shortening
1 tablespoon Clear Vanilla extract (creates a true white icing- if using color it isn’t as important)
2 pounds confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar, 10x)
4-6 tablespoons very cold milk

Directions
Cream the butter and shortening in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer. Add the clear vanilla extract and combine well. Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, begin adding the very cold milk... one tablespoon at a time, combining very well after each addition (mixer on medium-high to high speed) until you reach the desired consistency.

No comments: