Friday, October 15, 2010

Lola updates and Closet redo

So I read that most toddlers wake up in the middle of the night because they are cold.  And I also read that babies that have always been rocked wake up in between cycles and naturally want mom to be rocked again.   Well I can’t fix the latter of the two overnight, but I went out to get some warmer pj’s.  Since she sleeps by herself for the first part of the night she does seem to get cold and refuses blankets, so I even got the feet in them.  Aren’t they cute?  I am such a sucker for pj’s.  At BRU we had $40 worth of pj’s and decided to put them back  :(  But later I did get these elsewhere.   

Playing in her room before bedtime. 

Old bed time: 10:00 or later 

New Bed Time: 7:30, typically asleep by 8:00

034036  042 046 040

037 (2)

So you don’t have to be rich to have a well-organized and pretty closet!  Here’s Lola’s after a few more changes… I am starting to really learn what works well for us.  Drawers are easy, yet limit what we wear because so many things go MIA at the bottom.  So here is what we did and it cost $0!!!

The clothes bar use to go all the way across and I kept the clothes pushed towards the inside leaving most of the hidden and hard to see.  Her shirts and pants were all in drawers and I would tend to put Lola in the same thing over and over.  So I removed the clothes bar- cut it into 3 pieces and hung it in the depths of the sides of the closet.  I also took an old green bulletin and added 4 long scrap ribbons so her bows were easier to see too.  The plastic drawers were already there and I love that they fit perfectly into the spaces.

 

048

Love being able to see her shirts and jackets so clearly.

051

Pants and leggings on this side and the drawers are filled as well, but no longer stuffed.

052

I love Lola in pink.

003

Lola and I like to have little dates to Waffle House.

 011

Notice the first picture-

021

5 minutes later:

030

Her naps come so early now that she goes to bed early, which means she wakes up early.  I actually am liking the new schedule a lot! :)

031

Have a good weekend and GO RANGERS!

Lola and I have on our Rangers outfits today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!! I keep seeing her peeking around the kitchen counter saying 'meme' So, so sweet!