Sunday, January 24, 2010

So sad and frustrating…

You guessed it… the transition to the crib is going terribly wrong.  On our 4th night and each night is undoubtedly worse than the last.  She cries longer and harder… which contradicts everything I have read.  The last two nights she has pooped, which I can’t figure out if she does it because she knows I’ll have to change her or if she is just really upset or just simply needed to go.  She rarely poops at night.  TMI?  I just chuckled which was well needed since my daughter is screaming in her crib for 20+ minutes now.  Clay and I don’t let her cry too long so the first two nights she fell asleep but last night she cried so long and hard we finally got her out.  I rocked her then laid her in her crib asleep.  Last night she pooped, and broke out in a terrible sweat.  I had to change her pajamas in fact.  We didn’t like that very much- that’s why we thought it was best to rock her.  This is pretty hard on us both.  We want to be good parents who sleep in a bed without a baby, but just don’t know if it’s in the cards right now.  I read that if there are no significant improvements within a week’s time, then it is time to do something different.  We see the pediatrician this week, so by then I would have tried this for a week.  So we will see what she says. 

Night, night.  Prayers needed…   

No comments: