So, Lola slept five hours last night. Amazing! I didn't sleep great because I kept waiting for her to wake up to feed, but she didn't. Finally around 5:00 a.m. she was hungry. I felt bad for letting her go so long, because the doctor said no longer than four hours, but everyone else says do not wake a sleeping baby. Either way, she is happy, so I am happy.
So I thought my dad would be the one to be crazy over Lola, and don't get me wrong, he is. BUT my mother is tons worse. She's so captivated by her. Her and my dad fight over who gets to hold her when they come over. It's pretty entertaining. Since my mom is my mother she doesn't think she needs permission and says she gets to do whatever she wants. She already said her and Lola pinkie promised not to tell what happens with Nonna. I'm scared. Haha. It's fun to see her so giddy over my little girl. It still hasn't all sunk in and is starting to more and more. Seeing your parents with your child creates a feeling that is indescribable. But I still get jealous when someone else is holding her... even if it's my own mom! I'm a dork and a classic first time mom! If I am hurting still from birthing her, then it's my reward to hold her ALL the time! LOL! I do share though. She brings so much happiness and love to our families.
My grandparents (dad's parents) came in from Arkansas today to meet their first great grandchild. I have pictures I'll have to post over the next couple of days. I believe Clay's grandparents are coming tomorrow?? Lola is lucky to have grandparents and great grandparents. We've been taking lots of photos with them!
I can't believe how much Lola changes everyday! Her jaundice has been cleared now and her weight is much better. The doctor was very pleased to see her gain 6 ounces over the weekend. Way to go Lola!
What I love about Lola at one week old:
1. I love her little whimper she lets out when she is hungry. Not much of a crier. She is a happy girl.
2. I love when she feeds how she puts her hands on my chest. It looks so cute.
3. During her baby dreams, nothing warms my heart more than her smiles. It's so odd to see her smiling, but she is. Soon I will video this and play it for y'all. Clay and I get so tickled with all of her wonderful face expressions.
4. I really love how much she loves to be talked to. She listens and listens and you can tell she is hearing you.
5. Clay and I love when she is wide-eyed and then crosses her eyes. The doctor said it's normal as she learns to focus and see better and it's quite cute. I have some great pictures of her cross eyes.
6. I love that Lola's best color is purple. She looks so sweet and pretty in it.
7. And the seventh thing I love (not that there aren't millions more) is how she is so active with her hands. She cuddles them by her face, tries to suck on them, sticks up her middle finger, makes peace signs... she constantly plays with her hands and moves them around. It's so cute. Oh and I like when she grabs her paci. Does that make 8??
Well I need to lay on my side awhile :)
Hopefully I can get to sleep and Clay can take the next two feedings since he is up watching all the basketball games on. I prepared two bottles so if I wanted to sleep I could. I am still making a lot of milk! I guess that's a good thing! All this feeding seems to be a great diet. I am 11 pounds off from pre-pregnancy weight but even if I loose that, I still need to work-out to get to where I want to be. I can't wait to go for a run! Gotta' wait awhile. (I can't imagine walking far right now, much less running!) I would like to loose close to 20 more pounds. I have lost 30 pounds in the last week. Lol! That's nice, but weird to think about! That's a lot of weight. This summer is "Summer of Work-Outs." I'm pumped.
Okay, okay- I got off track- going to bed!
Oh one more thing- Lola and I adventured out on our own today for the first time. We had lunch at CFA and went to the bank. It wore me out smooth and she slept the entire time! It will be a few days before I attempt that again- maybe even next week. I am so dying to do stuff like that, yet I pay the price later... I'll try to keep relaxing at home! :)